A great alternative to those who want scrambled eggs but are allergic, sensitive or want an option that is vegan.
- 1 CAN ACKEE
- ½ C. CHOPPED ONION
- ½ C. DICED RED OR YELLOW PEPPER, ORGANIC IF POSSIBLE
- 2 TBSP. GHEE OR GHEE/COCONUT OIL BLEND
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Melt Ghee or ghee/coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add in pepper and saute until tender, about 2 minutes stirring often. Add in chopped onion and fry until tender but not brown, stirring the whole while.
- Drain Ackee, rinse and add to frying pan gently stirring until heated, but careful not to break up ackee too much.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with side dish of choice.
- Serve with toast, bacon, sausage or vegetarian alternatives. Home fries and hot sauce complete the dish-all optional.