Dairy-free, delicious and only 40min to prepare!
It’s Mexican Night! Daiya shreds make this a authentic Mexican dish!
- 1 cup Cheddar Style Shreds-OR- 1 cup Pepper-jack Style Shreds
- 2-1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup salsa
- 15 oz. can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 10 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 4 oz. can mild green chili peppers, chopped
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Coat your favorite casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. In a mixing bowl, combine quinoa and salsa, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the black beans with a fork. Combine beans, corn, chilies, chili powder & cumin in the same bowl and set aside.
- Spoon 1 cup of the quinoa mixture on the bottom of the baking pan. Layer spinach on top of the quinoa. Scoop bean mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Cheddar Style Shreds. Add the remaining quinoa and top with the remaining cheddar shreds.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the Daiya has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Information on Daiya Shreds