This simple cucumber-yogurt combination is great with pita bread as a starter or alongside pork souvlaki or instead of dressing on a salad. It can be made ahead of time, and keeps well in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
- 1 (32-ounce) carton plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded English cucumber
- 1 med clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Place cucumber in colander; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss well to combine. Drain 15 minutes. Place cucumber on paper towels; squeeze until barely moist. Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, remaining salt, mint, pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle with oil.