Thanksgiving and Christmas just got yummier!
There is always room for pumpkin pie, right?
So who said going vegetarian or vegan would limit your food choices? This recipe packs all the yummy goodness of the traditional recipe, but contains no animals products whatsoever.
- 1 9-inch pre-made pie crust, thawed
- 1 can organic pumpkin (15 oz)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil (Canola or Safflower)
- ¼ cup Earth Island VeganEgg, plus 1 cup ice-cold water
- 3 tablespoons un-bleached all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Poke thawed crust with a fork and bake empty for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, molasses, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, sea salt and oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk VeganEgg with water until uniform and slightly thick, about 1 minute. Add flour and whisk until uniform. Add VeganEgg and flour mixture to bowl with pumpkin and whisk filling mixture until uniform.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for about 35 minutes, or until filling is firm. Let cool completely before serving. Pie may be made up to 1 day in advance.