We thought it may be of interest to you, to hear from our in-house Holistic Nutritionist Tiffany Sale on what her favourite supplements are and why. This is the second of a 4-part series on Tiffany’s favourite supplements. This blog features “Fish Oil”.
Fish oil is one of the most consumed dietary supplements. It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for your health. If you don’t eat a lot of oily fish, taking a fish oil supplement could help you get enough omega-3 fatty acids.
Here are some of the evidence-based benefits of supplementing with fish oil.
- Fish oil supplements may reduce some of the risks associated with heart disease.
- Fish oil supplements may help reduce waist circumference, as well as aid weight loss when combined with diet or exercise.
- Fish oil has strong anti-inflammatory effects and can help reduce symptoms of inflammatory diseases, especially rheumatoid arthritis.
- Liver disease is common in obese individuals. Fish oil supplements may help reduce fat in your
liver and symptoms of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Behavioral disorders in children can interfere with learning and development. Fish oil supplements have been shown to help reduce hyperactivity, inattention, and other negative behaviours.
For more in-depth information on the benefits of fish oil please refer to this article 13 Important Benefits of Fish Oil, Based on Science (healthline.com) .