As the saying goes, this information is “direct from the horse’s mouth”. These are tips recommended by dermatologists for maintaining healthy-looking skin.
- Apply sunscreen every day before you go out. Sunscreen can slow skin aging and helps prevent cancer.
- Don’t smoke. It speeds up the skin aging process and contributes to many skin ailments.
- Check your skin regularly for signs of skin cancer. Do you have a spot that differs from others or that itches or bleeds? Go see your health practitioner.
- Wash your face first thing in the morning, before you go to bed and after sweating. Removing dirt and grime is essential to good skin health.
- Be gentle with your skin. Resist the urge to scrub yourself clean. Scrubbing can irritate your skin which may actually worsen any skin condition.
For more information on these tips and others, please read this article. If you are concerned about your skin health consult your healthcare practitioner.